Online concert "Dedicated to the Russian Exodus ..."
"Dedicated to the Russian exodus..."
Concert of songs by Vadim Pyankov, composer, poet and musician.
"BLESSED IS HE WHO HAS WALKED THIS WORLD
IN ITS FATAL MOMENTS..."
THE SILVER AGE OF RUSSIAN CULTURE THAT REPLACED THE GOLDEN AGE
OF PUSHKIN WAS A HARBINGER OF THE CATACLYSM THAT WAS TO COME - THE COLLAPSE OF THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE AND THE ENSUING FRATRICIDAL CIVIL WAR.
THIS PROGRAMME IS A TRIBUTE TO ALL THOSE RUSSIANS WHO HAD BEEN CONSUMED BY THE TUMULT OF HISTORY, WHATEVER SIDE THEY WERE ON AND WHATEVER WERE THEIR VALUES.
THEY WERE ALL WITNESSES, HOSTAGES AND VICTIMS OF THE TRAGIC STORM OF HISTORY.
THIS CONCERT WILL INCLUDE SONGS AND POEMS FROM DIFFERENT YEARS FROM THE REPERTOIRES OF ALEXANDER VERTINSKY, VLADIMIR VISOTSKY AND OTHERS; IT WILL ALSO INCLUDE POEMS BY ALEXANDER BLOK, GEORGI IVANOV, ANNA AKHMATOVA, SERGEI YESENIN, VLADIMIR MAYAKOVSKY AS WELL AS SEVERAL COMPOSITIONS BY VADIM PYANKOV HIMSELF.
1. '' OH! SAD AND OLD CARRIAGE THAT KEEPS RIDING IN MY MEMORY !'' (poem by Juan Ramòn Jiménez, translated by A. Geleskul)
2. THE UNKNOWN GIRL (words by A. Blok, translated by M. Lurieux, music by V. Pyankov)
3. ''SLEEPNESS LAYED ON THE GREY ROCKS…'' (words by A. Blok, music by V. Pyankov)
4. ''THE GIRL SANG IN THE CHURCH CHOIR…'' (words by A. Blok, music by V. Pyankov)
5. GOOD, BORTHERS, GOOD... (folk Cossack song)
6. WHITE ACACIA (the authors have not been reliably identified)
7. THE MONEY CHANGER (words by S. Yesenin, translated by M. Luschenko, music by V. Pyankov)
8. WE WERE LEAVING CRIMEA (poem by N. Turoverov)
9. EXODUS (words by V. Pyankov, music by A. Guriliev)
10. RUSSIA (poem by A. Blok)